GD bbPress Toolbox Pro allows you to use WordPress integrated TinyMCE editor for editing topics and replies. The plugin includes several settings for configuring the TinyMCE integration.
GD bbPress Toolbox Pro is adding TinyMCE using a public function in WordPress for adding the TinyMCE. This function has few settings you can modify, and that is basically everything allowed to do.
There are few things you can modify, and that can be done for Topic and Reply editor independently. To enable the editor, you need to enable both Enhancements and TinyMCE editor options. Also, you need to enable Post Formatting in the main bbPress plugin settings (link is included).
After you do that, you have 4 options related to TinyMCE:
- Compact Editor Toolbar: this is ‘Lite’ version of the TinyMCE with only some basic buttons included.
- Media Buttons: this will show button for adding files and images into the editor.
- WPAutoP Filter: this filter is processing the content for auto formatting using paragraphs.
- Editor Rows: this will configure number of lines, or size, of the editor.
There are two special options that GD bbPress Toolbox Pro can use to improve the TinyMCE usability.
- Allowed tags list: this will expand the list of allowed HTML tags and attributes for use in the editor. If you don’t use this, bbPress will strip out most of the HTML you may use in the TinyMCE. It is best to set this to Expanded range of tags and attributes.
- Add Media button in TinyMCE: this option will allow normal user (Participants) to use Media Button and Media Library. By default, bbPress user roles allow this for keymaster and moderator roles, and normal users can’t insert media in the TinyMCE editor.
As it is said before, GD bbPress Toolbox Pro adds TinyMCE into the topic and replies editors, and beyond few settings, there is no other control over the way the TinyMCE works.
- TinyMCE is added using core WordPress function, and only settings implemented through this function are supported.
- GD bbPress Toolbox Pro can’t change buttons (add or remove them) in the TinyMCE editor toolbar.
- GD bbPress Toolbox Pro can’t control how the Media Library is used through Media Button in the TinyMCE editor.