Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

We are having problems getting attachments to work for replies – the image shows in file chooser, but doesn’t get added to the attachment when we hit submit.

It must be something in our bespoke theme (as it works ok if we switch to the bp-default theme), but hoped you could help point to the hook / action that we should be checking is present in our templates.

Topic Information
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author
Replies

If the theme is made to use all proper hooks as in default bbPress theme, it will work. But, I have no idea what can be the issue and missing in your theme. Plugin hooks into the filters and actions that are mostly in bbPress core, not theme. Check all uses hooks in plugin to see which one is the problem.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Thanks for getting back to me – it’s not just our theme that’s not working.

After further testing, I also found that it doesn’t work with the default bbp-twentyten theme if it’s moved to the themes directory.

It only seems to work if we leave the theme in the bbpress plugin folder.

Note: we are also using buddypress on this site

Note: image attachments to the initial topic work, and they work if we edit a reply. But, they don’t work when attached to a reply when it’s first posted.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Roger

I have no problems with default theme or my themes based on xScape Theme Framework. Which theme you used in the first place?

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

I’m having this exact same problem. The plugin was working initially, but then I integrated the bbp-twentyten theme into my current theme and the plugin stopped working on the replies pages.

My current theme is a child theme of Suffusion and I’m also using Buddypress. Any ideas how to fix this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘attachments not working for replies (works for new topic and for edit reply)’ is closed to new replies.