Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
  • Creator
    Topic
    albertocv
    Participant

Does this plugin add @mentions to bbpress?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, the plugin doesn’t have this feature. But, bbPress already has that, and it automatically links users like this: @millan.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

albertocv
    Participant

Thanks, I totally missed it.

albertocv
    Participant

I just tried it. It works only if you mention the user name, not the real name that the user could have possibly specified, right?
    And the mention doesn’t autocomplete, right?

MillaN
    Keymaster

Autocomplete for the name would depend on the editor used and many other factors, and I currently have no plans in developing such a feature. Most users that use bbPress also use BuddyPress that has more complex mentions implementation, but even that doesn’t has autocomplete.

BobbyK
    Participant

I know this is an older thread but I have a questions about mentions. I only use bbPress at the moment and was wondering if I got buddypress and activate it, do I have to show it anywhere on my site? What I mean is can I just activate buddypress without using it – I only want the @mentions feature.

The reason I want buddypress mentions is so it will send an email notification to the person mentioned.

Thanks!
    Bobby

MillaN
    Keymaster

I know this is an older thread but I have a questions about mentions. I only use bbPress at the moment and was wondering if I got buddypress and activate it, do I have to show it anywhere on my site? What I mean is can I just activate buddypress without using it – I only want the @mentions feature.

The reason I want buddypress mentions is so it will send an email notification to the person mentioned.

Thanks!
    Bobby

BuddyPress is an awfully complex plugin that integrates into a lot of different areas, so there is no way to make it silent and use only one tiny feature.

Milan

BobbyK
    Participant

Thanks!
    Bobby

BuddyPress is an awfully complex plugin that integrates into a lot of different areas, so there is no way to make it silent and use only one tiny feature.

Milan

Thanks for the response. That’s what I was afraid of. With the bbPress mentions, how does it work if it doesn’t send the mentioned user an email? What’s the point of it?

MillaN
    Keymaster

There are few features in bbPress that only partially work (threaded replies, for instance). And while bbPress is, in general, very good plugin, the lack of development leadership and direction is very noticable when you try to use some of the features that were left in there, but not working.

BobbyK
    Participant

I was looking at your GD bbPress Toolbox Pro plugin. Does it have the mentions functionality? Love what it can do.

MillaN
    Keymaster

I was looking at your GD bbPress Toolbox Pro plugin. Does it have the mentions functionality? Love what it can do.

No, it doesn’t. Reliable components that can implement mentions popup for suggestions that will work with different editor types are not very reliable and right now I have no plans to add it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BobbyK
    Participant

Thank you MillaN!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register