• Creator
    Topic
    Erich
    Participant

Hi MillaN,
    I am interested in purchasing Content Tools Pro but I have some questions.

I will be building a forum where I want to use the meta boxes to add extra fields , like you have done here at Dev4Pres.

How well does it integrate with your thread prefix plugin?
    I want users to post a new topic to ask for an exchange – and when they post that topic the user has to (or if it can automatically add) a thread prefix that says “Open” or something like that?

With thread prefixes, is it possible to have multiple prefixes? Is this a feature that can be added in the future? I’d like to have prefixes that say “Open” “In Progress” similar to a support system so the topic would need multiple prefixes vs just one.

Thanks for your hard work and your feedback.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

GD Topic Prefix Pro can assign only one topic prefix for each topic. If you need multiple ‘tags’, bbPress already has Topic Tags, and with some customizations, you can use topic tags to add multiple predefined tags. Currently, each forum is assigned one topic prefixes group, and you can select one prefix for each topic from the assigned group. But, I am considering adding support for multiple groups to each forum, so you can assign one prefix from each assigned group. Also, Prefix plugin can automatically assign a prefix to each new topic, and you can set the prefix to behave as default and auto assigned on topic creation.

I am not sure what you need with the Prefix and Content plugins metabox integrations, but they can’t interact on their own.

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Erich
    Participant

Hi MillaN,

I’m sorry for the bad writing. I should have separated the two .

In regards to Content plugin, I just wanted to know if it was the same as the older plugin GD Custom Posts And Taxonomies Tools, which I just read the forums and see it is an updated version and it can do the same thing – add custom fields into bbpress.

In terms of bbpress thread prefix –
    The problem I have with bbpress topic tags is anyone can write any tags they want. I would like to have more control over them so that the tags do get out of control. I know many forums now allow the administrator to control tags by pre-defining what tags a forum can use. I’ve seen it too many times where a user writes a topic tag that makes virtually no sense and I don’t want a thousand topic tags. If there was a way to “predefine” topic tags and set them for specific forums like with thread prefixes, it would be more handy. I’m not sure that Dev4Pres has such a plugin or I’m unaware of it if there is one.

MillaN
    Keymaster

GD Content Tools Pro is the replacement for GD Custom Posts and Taxonomies Tools Pro, but it is very different plugin, with a lot of new features, much better meta boxes, more meta box field types. Adding metaboxes in bbPress is only one small part of it.

Problem with multiple topic prefixes is that they get very confusing, huge issue to display properly in the topics list, and they too can get abused. I have investigated various forum software available, and they too are using prefixes very carefully, in 90% of the cases, one prefix can be selected, with some forums allowing multiple groups, one prefix per group.

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register