Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t understand the question, support in what way?

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

typehistorian
    Participant

If I upgrade to bbPress Toolbox Pro, will I be able to add footnotes to topics and replies with Easy Footnotes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-footnotes/

Many thanks for your very helpful plugins!

Anna

MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

From what I can see about this plugin, it uses shortcode to mark the footnote. So, it is not dependent on other plugins to work. Problem is that bbPress doesn’t support shortcodes by default. When my plugin is active, it enables shortcodes for the bbPress topics and replies, because it needs that for the BBCodes support (40+ new shortcodes). So, while my plugin is active, all shortcodes will work for bbPress topics and replies.

But, my plugin adds shortcode with the same name ‘note’, and to use Footnotes plugin, you need to disable ‘note’ BBCode from my plugin settings. After that, it works (I have tested). But, Footnotes plugin doesn’t have support for bbPress content, so the option to add all footnotes at the end of the content will not work, footnotes hover works.

Milan

typehistorian
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response and for teaching me that bbPress does not support shortcodes! I really LIKE Easy Footnotes because it works and looks “scholarly,” exactly as I want on standard WP pages (example: http://forums.typeheritage.com/measurement/).

So I must consider the trade-off of sacrificing *printable* footnotes for the convenience of hover tool-tips.

Thank you again, Anna

MillaN
    Keymaster

I am sure that with some minor custom coding, it can be made to support printing of notes under the topic or reply. You should also contact plugin author, maybe he is willing to add proper bbPress support.

MillaN
    Keymaster

I don’t currently have any plans in supporting AMP with my plugin. AMP is very restrictive when it comes to JavaScript and styling, and it would require substantial rewrites. Also, there are several AMP plugins for WordPress, each one doing things own way, making support for it even more complicated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register