SuggestionDoes GD Rating System provide notifications?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MillaN 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Christopher Sutton
    Participant

Hi,

I’m considering buying the GD Rating System plugin as an alternative to the “Give thanks” feature in bbPress Toolbox as it would allow more flexible reactions to bbPress topics and replies. However I’m concerned that users won’t really notice whether their posts receive ratings or not.

Can you tell me if there is any notification functionality to alert authors when their posts receive ratings?

Ideally I would like a BuddyPress notification to be generated each time a forum user’s topic or reply gets a new rating.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MillaN
    Keymaster

No, there are no notifications currently. I will add this as a feature request, but it is a complex feature that I don’t know when can be done. It would be great if WordPress has some centralized notification system, and right now the closest thing is in BuddyPress.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Christopher Sutton
    Participant

Okay, thanks!

Alternatively, is there a hook for us to write custom code? I don’t mind creating the bridge to BuddyPress notifications ourselves, but I haven’t yet found any developer docs for the Dev4Press plugins.

(This goes for my question about the “Give Thanks” feature of bbPress Toolbox too)

MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

Developer related documentation is added as needed. All my plugins have an extensive list of filters and actions to hook into. I will prepare article tomorrow about after vote handling.

Milan

Christopher Sutton
    Participant

Great, thank you! I look forward to reading that and seeing if we can implement what’s needed ourselves.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Here is the action fired when the vote is saved into log:
    https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/gdrts_db_vote_logged/.

Milan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.