Won't fixError on Private Messages on buddypress 3.x nouveau template pack.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MillaN 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi!

I know that buddypress 3.x is not supported right know but maybe someone can help…

When I activate the plugin with nouveau template pack from buddypress 3.x the private messages feature stop listing messages. If there is no messages it gives the normal message (“Sorry, no messages were found.”) but when there are messages on it stays on loading forever (with the “Loading messages. Please wait.” message).
    If I revert to legacy template pack it works normal but that is not an option because the theme I’m using is nouveau template pack only.
    There are no PHP errors, the only error I get is JS on browser developer console being on Firefox “SyntaxError: missing ) in parenthetical” and on Chromium “Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ;” both on underscore.min.js (wordpress wp-includes script).

You can verify this behaviour with Twenty Seventeen theme for example.

Thanks for any help.

Topic Information
    Bug Report
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MillaN
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting, I will investigate this as soon as I get the chance. But, there are no features in my plugin that can effect BuddyPress in this way. And, if there is an issue, it will generate the error for sure. From your report in JavaScript, there must be an error there, and you should check PHP server error log, or enable error logging if it is not enabled.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Hello again,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    We temporary fix by disabling bbcodes.
    Can you please check and give us a fix for this issue.
    It’s a needed feature for our project.

Thanks for your attention.

Hello,
    Do you have any update for this?
    Thank’s

MillaN
    Keymaster

Problem is caused by BBCodes in GD bbPress Tools, but I am not sure why. If you disabled BBCodes, it will work. Once I identify cause of the problem, I will issue the fix. Or, if you use the BBCodes, you can have them active, but make sure to enable option to limit them to bbPress content only.

MillaN
    Keymaster

I have identified the problem, it is caused by the ITALIC BBCode. It happens with any theme that doesn’t have own BuddyPress templates because [i] is used for the internal rendering in BuddyPress. There are two solutions:

1. Disable [i] BBCode, or
    2. Limit BBCodes to bbPress only.

There will not be any change to my plugin, because I can’t do anything to fix it, it is a conflict that can’t be resolved.

Milan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.