Back to GD bbPress Tools Forum

Feature Requests and Bugs v1.2.0

Published on: May 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm · By: Anonymous
Author
Topic

Posting a few feature request for the future releases and a few bugs i’ve noticed.

//Bugs

Latest Posts View:

Doesn’t work for some reason, it shows posts but not in the latest to oldest order. It seems to be random, some posts have been days old and are at the top, while others are fresh posts minutes ago seem to be at the bottom.

BBCode Quote:

Quotes with BBCode doesn’t seem to have the poster name in it, like with html quotes it says “John wrote:” followed by the message while using BBCode for quotes it only quotes the message and not the author/poster.

YouTube BBCode:
Using the YouTube BBCode also adds a title ‘YouTube’ at the top, which also shows up else like on the Recent FOrum Replies Widget, i have attached an image for preview on what it looks like.

//Feature Requests

WYSIWYG Editor For posting new topics, replies as well as editing.

BBCode Buttons – would be nice to have some clickable buttons for BBCodes for posting and replying, just like you have setup on your forums here with the CSS | HTML | JAVASCRIPT | PHP etc buttons

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author
Replies

Latest Posts View:Doesn’t work for some reason, it shows posts but not in the latest to oldest order. It seems to be random, some posts have been days old and are at the top, while others are fresh posts minutes ago seem to be at the bottom.

Here is the link for latest topics on Dev4Press: http://www.dev4press.com/forums/view/latest-topics/ and it works fine. I am not sure what can be the problem on your end. Also, views are handled by bbPress, not my plugin.

BBCode Quote:Quotes with BBCode doesn’t seem to have the poster name in it, like with html quotes it says “John wrote:” followed by the message while using BBCode for quotes it only quotes the message and not the author/poster.

I used it here with BBCode, and it works fine. I can check what the problem might be with HTML.

Using the YouTube BBCode also adds a title ‘YouTube’ at the top, which also shows up else like on the Recent FOrum Replies Widget, i have attached an image for preview on what it looks like.

I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with my plugin. But, there is an old BBCode plugin that does just that. Most likely you have it running also.

WYSIWYG Editor For posting new topics, replies as well as editing.

This is already in bbPress 2.1, and it will be released soon (as far as I know).

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Thanks for another quick reply.

Noticed the View Latest Topics does work – I forgot that its actually Latest Topics and not posts, so if a topic has newer posts but was created before won’t be bumped to the top. Which makes sense.

The quote thing is no big deal, HTML works for me but not BBCode so will continue to use HTML.

As for YouTube, it was another plugin BBpress 2 BBCode by Anton, you were right, it works now that i removed that plugin. Thanks

Yeah bbPress 2.1 has been late for a month now, hope its released soon.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature Requests and Bugs v1.2.0’ is closed to new replies.