• Creator
    Topic
    mfoust
    Participant

I’ve installed GD bbPress Tools on a bbpress 2.5.3 / WordPress 3.8.3 site. Our intent is to allow forum participants to use BBCodes and Moderators to use WordPress shortcodes inside of bbPress forums.

However, when BBCodes support is turned on, any user may use any WordPress shortcode inside of the forums.

For example, a user may simply type [ bbp-reply-form ] to embed the bbPress reply form inside of their post.

Restricting Advanced BBCodes to certain user roles does not affect this. All forum users get access to all WordPress shortcodes regardless of user role.

Is there a way to restrict WP shortcodes by user role, or whitelist WP shortcodes?

Topic Information
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

bbp-reply-form is not BBCode registered by my plugin, it is shortcode that is added by bbPress and my plugin doesn’t affect that. But, this is interesting idea and I have added it to the list for implementation, but only for GD bbPress Toolbox Pro plugin. I don’t plan to add any more features to GD bbPress Tools plugin.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘GD bbPress Tools enables all WordPress shortcodes for all user roles’ is closed to new replies.