• Creator
    Topic
    Abdul Karmach
    Participant

Hello,

Any suggestions for doing this? We have 20+ pages and hard for the user to realize where they are currently in the hierarchy.

Thanks!

Abdul

PS. I’m a Premium customer and love your products!

Topic Information
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

WP is adding ‘current_page_ancestor’, ‘current_page_item’, ‘current_page_parent’ to pages in the list when needed. All display is done through WP functions so this must be working. Which mode for pages display are you using.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Abdul Karmach
    Participant

Hi Milan, I am using “Full List” mode for a custom post type. I tried other modes but still didn’t see the classes you mentioned.

I would send you a link, but it’sa private website that requires login.

If you check this screenshot, you’ll see that none of those classes are present: http://www.screencast.com/t/fhwVyl5AEK

Thanks!
    Abdul

MillaN
    Keymaster

It works fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that your theme is not actually displaying this through normal page templates, or something is overwriting the normal WP query removing page info needed by WP to generate widget elements.

Abdul Karmach
    Participant

I hadn’t thought of that, but I just tested with the default WP Twenty Eleven theme, and the result is the same, have a look: http://www.screencast.com/t/u4mS4z0yq

I suppose it could be a plugin.. I’ll need more time to disable some to test.

Thanks,
    Abdul

Abdul Karmach
    Participant

I found the problem! Those classes are only added to PAGE objects, not Custom Post Types..

Do you have any ideas as to how I can enable that functionality for CPTs as well??

Thanks!
    Abdul

Abdul Karmach
    Participant

Hi, one more note.. the clases are there when I create a WP Menu with CPTs, but not when the GD Plugin is displaying CPTs.. (the classes are there with the GD plugin for PAGES, however).

Thanks,
    Abdul

MillaN
    Keymaster

That is because menus use different functions for this for custom post types. I will see if there is something that can be done with GD CPT Tools.

Abdul Karmach
    Participant

Adding the code from here to functions.php worked, although I don’t completely follow how:

http://kucrut.org/wp_list_pages-for-custom-post-types/

Does this code look ok to you?

Perhaps similar code can be included with the next release of Pages Navigator to remedy this caveat?

Thanks,
    Abdul

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘I don't see a "Current Page" class to style the currently selected page’ is closed to new replies.