Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

Very glad to find this attachment – bbpress is of minimal use to me without the ability to attach images on my site.

Two questions:

1) the settings allow me to show or hide the image ‘caption’. However, I am never prompted to supply a caption. I can go into the admin area and find the image uploaded in the media list and do edits there, but that’s very complicated for my users. Is there a way to have an image attachment bring up the typical media dialog box as appears in a WordPress image upload?

2) I can control thumbnail dimensions, but I can’t allow ‘landscape’ and ‘portrait’ images remain with the correct length and width ratios. My compromise is a square, but it would be very nice to have the thumbnail correctly represent the uploaded image… perhaps with a maximum horizontal or vertical pixel size limit, but not a crop effect. Can that be done?

Thanks!

Topic Information
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author
Replies

Hi,

1. Not at this moment, but I plan to have something like that added eventually.

2. This is done by WordPress native resizer, so when that changes, plugin will use it. I don’t plan writing new code for resizing.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Hi Milan,

Number 1: I simply shut off the ‘caption’ in the settings, so I can live without the media dialog box if it hasn’t been implemented yet. This is probably more of a future ‘feature’ idea.

Number 2 concern is the bigger problem for me at the moment. Coming from a phpBB3-based site, I’ve come to rely on the ability to place images in-line in messages. Attachments showing a bit of the image are at least workable (thanks to your plug-in!), but since my site is about photography the re-size function is an issue for me.

I will ask some questions of the bbPress folks… it would be nice if they could allow forum posts to look more like blog posts – better formatting, with in-line images etc.!

Thanks you for your work!

New bbPress 2.1 allows use of rich editor and you can have images inline, not quite the attachment, but part of the content.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Image Attachment Caption, Thumbnail Dimensions’ is closed to new replies.