Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

Hi all,
I need your help.
I have GD Content Tools and Weston theme from themetrust.
I would like to know how to activate the theme features with my new taxonomies?
When I am in my new post type, all the theme settings are gone…
I would appreciate your help.
thanks

p.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author
Replies

Hi,

Custom post types and custom taxonomies are core features of WordPress, and all themes should support them, regardless of the way they are activated (my plugin, other plugins). I don’t understand what post type has with the theme settings, but my guess would be something related to the theme. My plugin registers custom post type, and that’s it, WordPress and theme handle the way it is used or displayed. I am not sure how can I help here. Can you explain better what the problem is?

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Hi Milan,

The theme has for all post types (except new ones) options that allows to :
    Hide Header
    Choose to hide or show the header on this page.
    Transparent Background
    Make the site header background transparent on this page.
    Color Scheme
    Make the contents of the header light or dark for this page. Only applies if Transparent Background is enabled.
    etc…

Unfortunatelly we fix this together a few years ago but I can not see anymore your response… and I dont remember the solution…

thanks

Pablo

I have seen your post from 2017, but, there was no solution there, I linked various articles about the plugin setup, but the question was not related to this problem now. And you don’t have access to the old topics here, because your license expired a while back.

Again, this is the theme issue not working with all post types as it should, and it is very much possible that theme requires some extra code for each post type, but I can help much with that. The settings you describe are implemented by the theme, but again, that has nothing to do with the post type, post types don’t have such features by default, theme implements them, and theme controls that. You should ask theme support why the custom post type doesn’t work with the theme as you expect it.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Thank you Milan.
    I have contacted them.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrate GD Content Tools to my theme (themetrust)’ is closed to new replies.