• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I\’m trying GD bbPress Tools with WP3.4 and bbPress 2.0.3.

Everything is working apart from the Quote functionality.

When I click on Quote nothing is being added to the reply area.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks

Topic Information
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

JavaScript must be loaded, check the settings for it.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes javascript is loaded.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Can you check in Firefox/Firebug for errors in JavaScript. Something must be causing problems for the JS code not to run even when loaded.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apologies the Javascript is not loaded, neither is the css.

It makes no difference what settings I have in GD bbPress Tools Settings pane.

We’re using the Genesis framework.

At worst we can add the Javascript and css manually to our functions.php if necessary

MillaN
    Keymaster

Both JS and CSS are added using normal WP actions, so it might be that Genesis is causing problems. But, JS/CSS are set as options, because you might want to add code on your own. You need CSS from css/gd-bbpress-tools.css and JS from js/gd-bbpress-tools.js.

Milan

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe that quote link has wrong URL. it has #ID while bbpress has #post-ID

I am not sure of this being the reason, but I also have not quotation working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m actually having the same problem and came over to the forum to look for a fix.

Here are my forums http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/forums/

When pressing the quote button nothing happens.

Both the Javascript and CSS include settings are checked in the GD BBPress Tools settings page and the quote method is set to BBCode.

Not sure where to start with the diagnosis – I’ve tried a number of settings combinations with no luck.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oops forgot to tick notify me of email replys with that ^^

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe that quote link has wrong URL. it has #ID while bbpress has #post-ID

I am not sure of this being the reason, but I also have not quotation working.

my previous post was nonsense.

this is what chrome console gave me…

Uncaught ReferenceError: gdbxRender_Data is not defined (anonymous function) f.event.dispatch jquery.js:3
    h.handle.i

MillaN
    Keymaster

Fix will be out soon. Thanks for reporting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for quick response! Fix fixed it 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also confirming the update has fixed things my end.

Thanks Millan!!!

Edward Barker
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry to open an old thread but I am having this problem too and can’t work out a fix.

I run bbpress 2.3 and wordpress 3.5. I have javascript load turned on in the GD Toolbox Pro settings.

However, I can’t get ‘Quote’ to work in BBpress… the jQuery doesn’t appear to do it’s magic.

I also use the ‘Topics for Posts’ plugin to sync wordpress and bbpress comments but I’m not sure that’s causing the conflict. In wordpress the ‘Quote’ function works normally.

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you give me an URL where I can test this? I need an account also, and you can send me details via Priority Contact Form: http://www.dev4press.com/user/?sub=contact

Most JavaScript errors come from the fact that some themes disable jQuery, or load jQuery other than the one in WordPress, and that is usually some old version. This plugin depends on using jQuery 1.7.1 at least and preferably one bundled with WordPress.

Milan

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Quote Feature Not Working’ is closed to new replies.