• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

With the quotes feature enabled, it appears to insert itself into the beginning of the <div> tag for the first paragraph item in the post.

See this image:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2l12sk.png

Notice the first paragraph is suppose to be in between the <p></p> tag, but instead finds itself inserted in the beginning of the DIV tag. For me, this is an issue because the paragraph then appears grey, while the rest appears in black.

Thanks for your help.

Topic Information
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Plugin is only enveloping the whole content into a DIV, it is not messing with the internal markup of the content, it is set as the very low priority filter to avoid running before other plugins.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Millan, is there a way to fix this on my end? I disabled all the BBPress plugins and I’ve narrowed it down to the quotes feature, nothing else is causing this issue.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Quote feature depends on this DIV, and it is adding it all around, not messing the tags inside. Something else must be doing it.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had the exact same problem. Plugin priority is to blame. I edited gd-bbpress-tools\code\mods\quote.php a little, and solved the problem.

Change rows

add_filter('bbp_get_reply_content', array(&$this, 'quote_reply_content'), 9);
    add_filter('bbp_get_topic_content', array(&$this, 'quote_topic_content'), 9);

to

add_filter('bbp_get_reply_content', array(&$this, 'quote_reply_content'), 100);
    add_filter('bbp_get_topic_content', array(&$this, 'quote_topic_content'), 100);

I’m sure there are better ways to take care of this, but my solution solves the problem. I guess the reason this bug happens is because the paragraph tags are added very late. When the quote feature wraps the content, it doesn’t contain HTML tags – only text and line breaks. This is why the div is eventually incorrectly wrapped by the paragraph tag.

I’m using the visual editor by the way.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Quotes Feature is Breaking Into the First DIV Tag’ is closed to new replies.