Rich snippet problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ducatoschrauber 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

ducatoschrauber
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using your plugin “GD Rating System” for the first time. You did a great job, thank you very much!
    But I’m still working on the rich snippets for google. I used the itemscope “BlogPosting” for my posts.
    This worked really fine, but when I tested a post with the rich snippet tool by google, it tells me, that there a many values missing. You can see it on the picture.

Can someone help, why the values are missing?

Cheers, Tobi

Topic Information
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like the requirements for some Item Scopes have changed. Problem is that some of this elements can’t be found in the WordPress at all, and it might require use of filters for website owner to fill the data outside of the plugin. Right now I am not sure how this can be solved. But, I will investigate and try to solve it for next version.

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

ducatoschrauber
    Participant

Hi Milan,

thanks for your answer.
    Sounds good, maybe some scopes are not needed for wordpress.

Is there a scope I can use instead of “BlogingPosting” that will work as a rich snippet?
    Should I use “Thing” as a scope for a post ?

Regards,
    Tobi

MillaN
    Keymaster

Thing is the basic one and it doesn’t require anything special to work. But, the best thing is to experiment, considering how Google makes changes in that area very often.

ducatoschrauber
    Participant

I tested the “Thing” thing.

But it says “The aggregateRating property is not recognized by Google as an object of type Thing”

Sorry, but I don’t understand, why this happens.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MillaN
    Keymaster

Well, it seems that Thing is a way to general, and it doesn’t include ratings. CreativeWork, WebPage, Product, MediaObject should be safe to use. There are many other itemscopes you can try, they should belong to the Thing, but you need to test them to see what arguments are needed (or if rating can be used): https://schema.org/docs/full.html.

ducatoschrauber
    Participant

Ok, I get it 🙂
    Thank you very much.

I was just wondering because none if the Scopes really describes what it is about.

But finally it works.

Keep on going your work! I really appreciate.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.