Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
  • Creator
    Topic
    cdeloach
    Participant

I am using the SendInBlue plugin within WordPress. I am also using their API within the plugin to send emails to SendInBlue with their new version of their API. I am trying to understand if using the SendInBlue plugin will allow me to use the PHPMailer support for SendInBlue, or will I need to wait for you to add your own REST API support for SendInBlue. I need these answers prior to purchasing.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

GD Mail Queue Pro has preconfigured SMTP services to use with PHPMailer engine, including SendInBlue – you need to provide only the SMTP keys for your account: https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/phpmailer-service-sendinblue-smtp-server/. You can check out more about SMTP vs API and other things here: https://plugins.dev4press.com/gd-mail-queue/articles/.

As for SendInBlue REST API, that is on the roadmap and will be added as a free addon for the Pro version of the plugin (free version doesn’t have support for these addons). I hope to work on it in September or October. Each service is made into the addon, because API libraries can be huge (Amazon is 10MB, Google is 8MB) and there is no need to ship all that in the main plugin if it is not even used.

But, according to support from SendInBlue and other services, SMTP is just as fast as API, but SMTP can be limited by the hosting company in some cases, so API is better in such case.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

cdeloach
    Participant

I have my demo account now, but I would like to test with the sendinblue plugin. Is there a way to install so that I can test the behavior?

So that we are clear, I can still use their api directly to send to sendinblue bypassing your queue, but any action which simply uses the wp_mail interface to send an email would be queued and sent through your plugin and eventually sendinblue, correct?

MillaN
    Keymaster

I have my demo account now, but I would like to test with the sendinblue plugin. Is there a way to install so that I can test the behavior?

There is no support for SendInBlue REST API yet (it is planned for September or October). Currently, SendInBlue is supported through PHPMailer SMTP Service, and you can select it from PHPMailer panel, and make sure to add SendInBlue SMTP credentials.

So that we are clear, I can still use their api directly to send to sendinblue bypassing your queue, but any action which simply uses the wp_mail interface to send an email would be queued and sent through your plugin and eventually sendinblue, correct?

Essentially yes. But, you can’t use my plugin with other email plugins, because most of them are written so that my plugin is bypassed. My plugin is the only email handling plugin that doesn’t override any WordPress functions, while SendInBlue API plugin they made (and all others) are replacing WordPress functions, and my plugin can’t do anything because of that, my plugin depends on the WordPress functions being WordPress functions.

You can use my plugin with SendInBlue but through SendInBlue SMTP service and not SendInBlue REST API. But, REST API support for SendInBlue is coming in the form of a free addon for GD Mail Queue Pro. In terms of speed/reliability SendInBlue claims that SMPT and REST API are equal. The only problem might be your own server SMTP limits if they are set in the first place, and most shared hosting servers do have them.

cdeloach
    Participant

Sorry, last question. So, they can coexist and not either or, correct? So, if using SMTP through SendinBlue, it would hit your queue, but if I call the API directly, it would bypass your queue, correct? Both should still work independent for those two use cases.

MillaN
    Keymaster

If you want to use my plugin, it is not advisable to use other plugins for email sending, I can’t guarantee that my plugin can detect emails eligible for a queue. And, my plugin can’t send emails using a third-party plugin. That is why I want to have as much sending choice in my plugin, so you don’t need to use other plugins and introduce various issues. SendInBlue official plugin for WordPress replaces wp_mail() function and it doesn’t include anything core wp_mail() has, so my plugin can’t hook into it. And this plugin doesn’t allow for sending email through own API or outside of it, it is all routed through it.

Right now, you can use Free or Pro plugin to send to SendInBlue using SMTP, without the need for other plugins, it is easier with Pro because it has built-in service for SendInBlue SMTP, and in free you need to configure it fully. If you need other SendInBlue plugin features for subscriptions and things like that, I am afraid that you are stuck using their plugin. There is no way for me to make my plugin compatible with theirs (or with other third-party plugins that aggressively override WordPress core functions in a very bad and restricted way).

Milan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register