Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

In the past several days, users have entered forum content, but 2 of 4 entries is locked in “Pending Moderation”, leading to a 404 error for those posts. Can someone tell me where to either approve moderation or how to delete the forum entries so others don’t dead end on them
Thank you
Jeff

Topic Information
General Question
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hedw.org_-3Fpost-5Ftype-3Dtopic-26p-3D18478&d=DwMGaQ&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=6Oay-Godb1IJTWlPWPVYbHhl3KLRWHVzmrtxENDsRWE&m=VNC3by-yfok3OMwJVnme4IB8um41aWZARXQyAiEQK48&s=xNsHp9z7N2hMvDLavCcfv1exoM-QzgU4SuWPkhN16w8&e=
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author
Replies

Moderation is not related to my plugin, it is core bbPress fearure. All topics are listed under topics on admin side and you can approve or delete from there.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

MillaN, we are having this same issue after processing a bbPress update last week and then we updated your plugin as well.

The topics that end up being marked “Pending” are normally posts that use the “Quote” feature. All other posts seem to go through as published.

We think this may be causing an issue with the blue arrow “Most recent reply” button because it generally takes the user back to just the beginning of the thread. We’re guessing that since some topics are showing “Pending” it is messing up the tracking somehow?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Dale

bbPress moderation now includes different rules, and posts with quotes get targeted for that quote based content. Do you use BBCode or HTML for quotes?

Hello I have the same problem, in the last week or so, many users are experiencing their topics and replies are not being posted and are saved as pending moderation. They do not get notified so it looks like the forum is broken.

Took a while to figure out that every time the post is put under moderation when using the “quote” feature from the GD Bbpress Tools Pro plug-in.

I added code to allow the blockquote HTML tag explicitly using the following code, but I still have the issue.
    I have the latest WP, Bbpress and GD Bbpress plugin installed, and the visual editor is enabled.

How do I solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Tim

// Allow more html tags in bbpress for participants
    function tim_kses_allowed_tags($input){
        return array_merge( $input, array(
            // paragraphs
            'p' => array(
                'style'     => array()
            ),
            'span' => array(
                'style'     => array()
            ),

// Links
            'a' => array(
                'href'     => array(),
                'title'    => array(),
                'rel'      => array()
            ),

// Quotes
            'blockquote'   => array(
                'cite'     => array()
            ),

'div'   => array(
                'class'     => array()
            ),

// Code
            'code'         => array(),
            'pre'          => array(),

// Formatting
            'em'           => array(),
            'strong'       => array(),
            'del'          => array( 'datetime' => true, ),

// Lists
            'ul'           => array(),
            'ol'           => array( 'start'    => true, ),
            'li'           => array(),

// Images
            'img'          => array(
                'src'      => true,
                'border'   => true,
                'alt'      => true,
                'height'   => true,
                'width'    => true,
            )
        ));
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_kses_allowed_tags', 'tim_kses_allowed_tags', 999, 1 );

Hi,

My plugin already has option to allow the extended list of tags and attributes, so your code is not needed, just enable the option in plugin Settings -> Various Tweaks -> Expand KSES allowed HTML tags and attributes -> Allowed tags list.

As for the moderation issue, no one else reported a similar issue so far. But, bbPress 2.6 introduced a lot of changes to moderation, and it is possible that something related to the quote is causing it. I will run some additional testing to see how the quote affects the moderation and let you know soon.

Milan

Thanks MillaN!
    I’ll remove the code and enable your plugin functionality. I found out that the combination between your plug-in and Bbp style pack plugin caused the issue. I disabled that plug-in and now everything works fine!

Thanks MillaN!
    I’ll remove the code and enable your plugin functionality. I found out that the combination between your plug-in and Bbp style pack plugin caused the issue. I disabled that plug-in and now everything works fine!

Spoke too soon. It worked once now it’s not working again.
    Can you point me to some documentation regarding the 2.6 changes so I can better understand what’s going on?

OK, found the issue, same as described here:
    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/disable-pending-status-to-allow-all-content/

It looks like the quote is not the problem, but what is inside the quote. bbPress moderation uses some of the WordPress comments settings to control moderation, and in general, bbPress lacks fine control options to improve how auto-moderation works.

I will continue testing, and I plan to add options to GD bbPress Toolbox Pro to control the auto-moderation process. Depending on the work that needs to be done, it will be added in 5.9 or 6.0 versions of the plugin.

Milan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register