Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

For some reason GD bbPress Attachments does not work on pages where I have inserted a forum or new topic form with a bbPress shortcode (eg or

• You must be logged in to create new topics.

Register

If you don't have an account on this website, you can register for a free account here:

Register

).

I had thought that the problem was intermittent but realized that the issue is consistent and tied only to pages that use shortcodes. If I click on one the forum name in the breadcrumb links at the top of bbPress pages and then try to upload, the plugin works.

For instance, if I click on the forum name in the breadcrumb links to browse the page with the following, the plugin works:
http://www.MyDomain.com/forums/forum/MyForum/

But if I browse a page with a shortcode inserted, it does not:
http://www.MyDomain.com/?page_id=6

The forum works fine but the attachment function does not.

I have to use bbPress’ shortcodes because I need to insert content above and below the forum and new topic forms.

I hope I am making sense. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Topic Information
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author
Replies

That’s because bbPress is coded the way it is. My plugin needs to know some things about the forum, topic or reply forms before adding things, and when you use shortcodes, bbPress is not setting any of the things the same way as for normal forum pages.

I will try to solve this, but I have no idea when exactly.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Thanks for the quick response MillaN,

In the meantime, can you suggest a workaround?

No, no workaround.

I was just wondering if this has been fixed or if there is a workaround that can be used in the meantime. I love this plugin, there is nothing comparable out there but uploads error out on some pages and work fine on others.

I have few ideas I will try with next version, but I don’t have a ETA right now.

Thank you… I would just stop using bbPress shortcdes and arrainge the site a little differently but unfortunately I have to use them due to the way the client wants the site.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble Uploading when Using bbPress Shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.