Back to GD Mail Queue (Lite) Forum

Verification emails not being delivered

Published on: August 14, 2021 at 3:52 pm · By: Tony
Author
Topic

On my site, a user registering is sent an email with a link to verify their email address before the registration details are sent.
These emails are sent through GD Mail Queue directly without queuing.

A few weeks ago this stopped working and the verification email is not being received. This problem only seems to occur with the verification email. Other emails that are sent directly work OK. I have tests this with sending to myself so I d not think it is a delivery problem as it is occurring with different recipients. Is it possible the send process is tripping up over these particular emails. No PHP error is logged.

I attach screen shots of the outgoing email.

Topic Information
Bug Report
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author
Replies

Hi,

I have no idea what can be wrong. From the log screenshot, the plugin has delivered email to the mailer, so, after that, there is nothing plugin can do anymore. You can check the actual mail server for more information what happens with the email.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

You can check the actual mail server for more information what happens with the email.

Please advise how/where I do this – thanks.

I can’t help you with that. I don’t know what type of email server you use if it keeps logs or not. If you use an SMTP connection, you need to check that SMTP server what is going on. It depends what you use to send emails.

GD Mail Queue is set to ‘PHP Mail Function’ so I’m using PHPMailer.

Then, emails are sent by whatever mail server you have on your webserver. Most mail servers keep logs for each email, so you should check your hosting cPanel (or whatever else is used), and get the mail logs there, and try to see what happened to the verification emails.

I found that these particular emails were being rejected as spam by some widely-used criteria.

I have now switched to send via SMTP and the problem has gone away.

Resolved – thanks.

PS I see you have replied to my other topic ‘Abuse from bb-club email’ but I cannot read it. When I click on that topic I get a completely blank area where the information should be.

Regarding bbHelp.club: You are most likely subscribed to one of the bbHelp forums that was bombarded with spam in the past few days. I have managed to stop this for now, but it is possible this will continue.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.