Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Author
Topic

Having the plugin working perfectly in WordPress 5.4.1
When update to any of these versions: 5.5.3, 5.6, 5.7 it doesn’t send anymore.
All emails stuck in queue, and therefore locked in queue.
I suppose to version 5.6 was supported but not. Reverting to 5.4.1 makes it works again.
I have no errors and I don’t know what’s happening, so I guess it’s a version matter.
Any ideas what’s going on?

Thank you.

Topic Information
Bug Report
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author
Replies

Hi,

I have no issues with the plugin with any WordPress, including 5.7, and no one else reported any issues. WordPress 5.5 has introduced a major change to mail handling, and GD Mail Queue supports that also.

1. Do you have any other SMTP/email/newsletter related plugin installed?
    2. Do you have any errors in PHP error log?

To get the PHP error log, check out this article: https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/get-php-errors-from-the-server/. Or, you can configure WordPress to log errors: https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/enable-wordpress-debug-mode/.

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Hi,

Here is the error:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PHPMailer\\PHPMailer\\Exception: Invalid address: (From): wordpress@localhost in /var/www/html/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php:1278\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/gd-mail-queue/core/objects/core.email.php(197): PHPMailer\\PHPMailer\\PHPMailer->setFrom(‘wordpress@local…’

Solved by disable (and save) and enable (and save) in queue override change from check.
    I doesn’t seems a good solution, if I have to do this on every update.
    ¿Am I doing anything wrong?

Best regards.

Hi,

Email address wordpress@localhost is invalid because localhost is a valid domain name. When you move to a live website, that email will be different, it is autogenerated by WordPress, and in general, it is a bad idea to use it, because if it is not a real email, you will face a lot of messages being marked as spam on arrival. So, in any case, make sure that FROM is a real and valid email address that can actually receive emails. That’s why the plugin has options to set it. And, plugin settings will not be gone when you update the plugin, settings are saved in the database.

Regards,
    Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

I know all that. It only happens in my development stage in docker. When I have update test stage it works fine.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress 5.5.3, 5.6, 5.7 not working’ is closed to new replies.