Wrong images uploading for users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MillaN 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

jamesdoesdesign
    Participant

Hi,

I use your plugin for my forums of currently 12,000 users. It has been a helpful tool to allow my users to upload attachments. However, recently I started noticing users replying to their own post saying that is not the image they uploaded.

I check the image they uploaded and I notice that the image was indeed the wrong image (A previously uploaded image).
    I know that WordPress usually puts a (1) at the end of a duplicated image name for instance image.jpeg image1.jpeg.

I do have caching on using w3 as well as ewww image optimizer plugin for image compression… However typically the caching doesn’t effect anything like this and I’m not even sure if it’s happening for every user, just certain images for some reason. I can’t even pinpoint which type specifically because I’ve seen .jpeg and .jpg as well as .png all do the same thing.

It’s almost like it doesn’t rename the file when it gets uploaded or something like that…

So I’m not sure what might be going on here. I checked the knowledge base and googled for a bit for possible solutions but couldn’t find any. Perhaps someone can provide some insight or can work together to find a solution.

Thank you,
    James

Topic Information
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MillaN
    Keymaster

Hi,

Upload is handled by WordPress, not my plugin, all files go into the media library, and WordPress is handling any storing or renaming of the files. I am not sure what can be the problem. I will try to do some more in-depth debugging for the plugin first chance I get, most likely next weekend.

Milan

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

jamesdoesdesign
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am aware that essentially it does go into wordpress media library. I’m just not familiar with plugin code, much less uploading attachments through a plugin. I didn’t know if your plugin handled uploading a file a certain way or not that may of possibly caused this issue. (Again I’ve never dealt with plugins in this manner) It’s not a big deal and again I have been using it for a long time and it is a handy tool and I do appreciate it. So that is why I figured I would start at the bottom of the problem and work my way up with possible solutions. If I find anything out I will post back here as well.

Thank you,
    James

MillaN
    Keymaster

I can’t find anything wrong with the plugin. Tested it with different websites, WP versions, all works as expected. It is possible that something else (other plugin or theme) is causing issues, but I can’t help you with that.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.