Dev4Press No Script
Back to GD bbPress Tools Forum

Editing feature only for login users?

Published on: December 25, 2023 at 5:13 pm · By: christmastree
Author
Topic

Hi, I know my question is in wrong place, but I managed to lost my other account details, so I can´t post this at the right place. Anyway, I bought the GD bbPress Toolbox Pro. It seems that Keymasters and Moderators can edit, but not others? If so, I wish I had known that before I made the purchase. Before installing the Pro version, it was possible to edit by anonymous. I made the purchase because of the quote feature, which I love, but I can´t use this plugin if the anonymous can´t edit.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author
Replies

GD bbPress Toolbox Pro has no options to control who and how can edit the content. But, bbPress main settings have the option about editing, and it is limited to 5 minutes after publishing. Check bbPress settings. And, I have no plans to add anything related to editing to GD bbPress Toolbox Pro at this time. If you have suggestions about that, let me know.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Thank you for a very quick reply. I´m not sure what you meant by ” GD bbPress Toolbox Pro has no options to control who and how can edit the content.”, because the Edit option is available at Topic Actions and Reply Actions for Keymasters and Moderators. (I resume they are wrote in english like that, because my view is different language.) I have checked the bbPress settings and I have set that Edit option in 0 minutes, which allows editing forever, I think. Anyway, I just have to deal with that the edit option isn´t available for everyone. Thank you, I still like the plugin!

The two options you are mentioning is just the way to show or hide these actions. These two actions are registered by bbPress, and their availability is controlled by bbPress. Those panels just list the actions by category, and yes, it may look confusing saying Keymaster and Moderators, and I will change that in next version. But, these are not limiting the editability, these will only hide these options if they are available – and their availability depends on bbPress.

Aaaa, I see, thank you for clearing up.

Hi again… I’m facing a critical error with this Pro tool. I was adjusting the Content Editor, to TinyMCE. and It saved it ok, but when I tried to change the Quicktags option Enable to Unable, and saved, a critical error message displayed on the screen. I also received an email message, where was more details of this issue. I tried change something else in the content editor, but I received the same message every time. Am I doing something wrong and how can I fix this?

Post the error you get so I can check it out.

This reply has been marked as private.

I can’t reproduce this, and I tested with PHP 8.0 up to 8.3.

Can you make the screenshot of exactly what option you change when that happens?

This reply has been marked as private.

I can’t reproduce this on my end, but I have fixed the problem reported in the error you posted. I am not sure why it happens in the first place, it can be related to some other plugin causing problem.

To check which plugin or theme is causing conflict, here is the article about testing for conflicts: https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/testing-for-conflicts/.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.