Replying to post – image upload not working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MillaN 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

dspencer0
    Participant

We are having an issue with people responding to forum posts not being able to upload an image. They go through the process, assign and image to upload, submit their post, the text appears in their reply, but the image doesn’t show.

The image upload works fine if you create a new post, it’s just people replying that are having the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks 🙂

Topic Information
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MillaN
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce such issue. I will do some testing again, but this can be caused by something related to your website that affects bbPress maybe. I will let you know when I know something more about the possible cause for this.

Dev4Press - Premium plugins for WordPress.

dspencer0
    Participant

Ok, thank you MillaN

dspencer0
    Participant

Did you manage to find a solution to this MillaN?
    We have found a work around…if you edit your reply, then you can upload an image and it displays. Issue remains for normal replies however, which isn’t ideal

MillaN
    Keymaster

I will be testing this over the weekend.

dspencer0
    Participant

Did you have any luck over the weekend MillaN?

MillaN
    Keymaster

So far, nothing. It works on my end. Can you tell me if you are using default WordPress themes or some theme that has custom bbPress templates?

dspencer0
    Participant

It’s a WP theme we’ve built from scratch and it’s using the default bbPress template

MillaN
    Keymaster

OK, I will test some more, maybe there is some obscure thing I am missing. I hope to let you know in the next day or two.

dspencer0
    Participant

Thank you

MillaN
    Keymaster

I run many tests, using different accounts, different file types, sizes… And it works, upload of files to replies works as it should. If the file is too big, plugin will display error instead of the uploaded file. All tests done with WP 4.4.2 and WP 4.5.1 with bbPress 2.5.9 and latest GD bbPress Attachments plugin version. Works even with the threaded / nested replies.

I really don’t know why it is not working for you, but it might be the problem with some other plugin, so you should try to do some troubleshooting: https://support.dev4press.com/kb/article/testing-for-conflicts/.

dspencer0
    Participant

We’ve just test it again and the image uploads are working for the keymaster accounts, but we can’t get this to work for participants. All relevant tick boxes are ticked. (see attached)

I’m also struggling to get lightbox to work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MillaN
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce the problem. Try the troubleshooting I suggested.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.